This position is not open at this time. Though we are not actively hiring for this position, we are accepting applications for future openings.
The primary role of this position is to maintain existing business and add new accounts in the assigned sales territory through the sales of data storage systems and other data center products and services.
- Develop customer base in assigned sales territory.
- Generate revenue and manage overall account profitability.
- Maintain and grow existing customer base through further account penetration (i.e. remote systems, additional storage space, feature upgrades, additional lines of business).
- Find and develop new opportunities through phone prospecting, meetings, onsite client interaction, creating and delivering solution proposals and presentations, and managing various marketing campaigns and events.
- Understand the client’s IT environment and requirements to propose the most appropriate solution.
- Create extremely positive relationships with all contacts at each customer and ensure that customer experience exceeds expectations.
- Write and respond to Requests for Proposals, Requests for Quotes and Solution Proposals.
- Respond to IT challenges while delivering a first-class experience for the client.
- Responsible to understand customers strategic initiatives to ensure that Davenport Group can assist to achieve those goals.
- Maintain accurate records pertaining to all customer accounts within assigned territory in Salesforce.com.
- Submit expense reports and perform other required administrative duties in a timely manner.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Problem Solving – Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in-group problem solving situations.
- Negotiating – Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can win concessions without damaging relationships; gains trust quickly of other parties to negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically.
- Dependability – Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five or more years professional experience, including four or more years experience selling client/server hardware and software systems.
- Three to five years of storage products experience a plus.
- Must be able to self-manage, self-motivate and achieve results through subject matter education.
- The ability to work with multiple business partners/vendors to solve customer issues.
- Remote office management skills. A work-from home/road skill set requires managing expenses, detailed expense reporting, asset tracking, as well as, some remote office bill paying.
- Requires a minimum of 20% domestic travel for lead generation, customer events, training and meetings.