This position is not open at this time. Though we are not actively hiring for this position, we are accepting applications for future openings.
The primary role of this position is to assist and support the Account Executives with existing business and customer relationship building in assigned sales territories.
- Work with Account Executives to manage Davenport Group and alliance partner pipeline
- Submit Deal registrations, renewals and maintenance
- Responsible for creation of Accounts in Davenport Group Salesforce
- Handle Dell Performance Analysis Collection Kit (DPACK) reports and review
- Generate quote requests to alliance partners
- Manage proposal preparation for Account Executive review, prior to presenting to customer
- Follow-up on all GeoPartner opportunities within assigned territory and coordinate with engineering
- Schedule demos with existing customers – onsite and remote
- Manage regular touch points with existing customers
- Assist Account Executives with weekly updates to Dell and other alliance partners as needed
- Report to Dell on activity, results, and metrics
- Manage quarterly promotions offered by alliance partners
- Maintain accurate records pertaining to all customer accounts within assigned territory in Salesforce.com
- Submit expense reports and perform other required administrative duties in a timely manner.
- Career Ambition – Knows what he/she wants from a career and actively works on it; is career knowledgeable; makes things happen for self; markets self for opportunities; doesn’t wait for others to open doors.
- Composure – Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature can be counted on to hold things together during tough times can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Timely Decision Making – Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Informing – Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organization; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Learning on the Fly – Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Listening – Practices attentive and active listening; has patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Organizing – Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Planning – Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Priority Setting – Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Written Communications – Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Previous Dell or related alliance partner experience in inside or outside sales.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university.
- Five or more years professional experience, including four or more years experience selling client/server hardware and software systems.
- Must be able to self-manage, self-motivate and achieve results through subject matter education.
- The ability to work with multiple alliance partners and vendors to solve customer issues.
- Remote office management skills. A work-from home/road skill set requires managing time, expenses, priorities and expectations set by management.
- Must exhibit professional communication, customer relationship skills and knowledge of company systems and processes before advancement.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Datacenter sales experience
- Storage focused sales experience
- Competitive Knowledge
- Requires a minimum of 10% travel dependent on location.