The primary role of this position is to carry out the marketing strategy for Davenport Group in conjunction with the Director of Sales Operations & Marketing and Vice President of Sales. The Event Manager is also responsible for event and campaign coordination, overseeing of partner programs and supporting sales efforts.
- Coordinate and manage all marketing events, including customer appreciation, tradeshows/conferences, and virtual efforts across multiple sales territories.
- Aid in managing the Dell Technologies Partner programs, including planning, budgeting, and proof of execution requirements for all marketing campaigns.
- Use Salesforce.com to help increase productivity and efficiency.
- Monitor ROI for all marketing efforts.
- Support internal programs and campaigns.
- Manage vendor relationships and contribute to customer communication.
- Contribute and execute yearly marketing plan and calendar.
- Management and coordination of Dell EMC and VMware leads lists and programs.
- Uphold Davenport Group brand.
- Propose new projects to advance marketing efforts.
- Assist in coordinating Davenport Group hiring process and training.
- Provide administrative support to other areas of the company when needed.
Skills and Core Competencies
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, especially copywriting with the ability to rework technical text for a broader audience.
- Decision-making, problem resolution, and creative thinking skills
- Strong project management and organization skills.
- Ability to manage a campaign budget.
- Able to work in a self-directed, entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures.
- Creative and innovative.
- Passion for IT and willingness to learn more about the IT discipline and channel sales.
- Understanding of new technologies and how they can be applied to marketing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, or other related degree.
- Highly proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite.
- Event planning and coordination skills
- Highly organized and ability to manage shifting priorities
- Proficient time management skills
- 2+ years previous marketing experience, preferred
- Salesforce.com and social media channel experience a plus
- Occasional domestic travel is possibly required for training and meetings. (Less than 10%)