The primary role of this position is to assist and support the Account Executives with existing business and customer relationship building in assigned sales territories.
- Work with Account Executives to grow and manage territory pipeline
- Build Enterprise, Client, and Software quotes based on Live Optic results and specifications provided by engineering
- Submit deal registrations, create support renewals, PXC cases, and maintenance records
- Responsible for creation of Accounts and Opportunity pages in Davenport Group Salesforce
- Request Live Optic captures from customers prior to Engineering review
- Create project proposals for Account Executive and Engineering review, prior to presenting to customers
- Schedule meetings and demos with existing customers – onsite and remote
- Manage regular touch points within existing customer base
- Assist Account Executives with weekly Salesforce updates to Dell and other alliance partners as needed
- Help drive attendance for territory marketing events, such as Lunch and Learns, Product Demos, and Trainings
- Maintain accurate records pertaining to all customer accounts within assigned territory in Salesforce.com
- Submit expense reports and perform other required administrative duties in a timely manner.
- Career Ambition – Knows what he/she wants from a career and actively works on it; is career knowledgeable; makes things happen for self; markets self for opportunities; doesn’t wait for others to open doors.
- Composure – Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature can be counted on to hold things together during tough times can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Timely Decision Making – Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Informing – Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organization; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Learning on the Fly – Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Listening – Practices attentive and active listening; has patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Organizing – Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Planning – Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Priority Setting – Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Written Communications – Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous Dell EMC or related alliance partner experience in inside or outside sales.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university.
- Five or more years professional experience, including four or more years of experience selling Enterprise/Client hardware and software.
- Data Center Sales Experience – Including Server, Networking, Storage, Hyperconverged, Converged, and Data Protection.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft and VMware software offerings.
- Must be able to self-manage, self-motivate and achieve results through subject matter education.
- The ability to work with multiple alliance partners and vendors on a daily basis to accomplish responsibilities.
- Remote office management skills. A work-from home/road skill set requires managing time, expenses, priorities and expectations set by management.
- Must exhibit professional communication, customer relationship skills and knowledge of company systems and processes before advancement.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Client Hardware Sales Experience
- Competitive Knowledge
- Requires a minimum of 10% travel for training and meetings.