This role is responsible for establishing and managing relationships with qualified supplier teams to ensure supplier programs are well integrated and that Davenport Group is maximizing its use of portal (interface) functionality, rebates and incentives, as well as related training with respect to use. The position is also influential with the development and maintenance of company contracts overall (e.g., Suppliers, Partners, Customers, etc.).
The Program Manager provides expertise in the areas of Supplier relations and negotiation, creation/translation of contract and Supplier program levels, understanding and applying critical interface needs between Suppliers and their respective programs with Davenport Group teams, as well as developing and maintaining documentation of respective process(es)/program(s) to adhere to Davenport Group policies.
- Work closely with the Davenport Group Contracting Officer to understand respective contract agreement and requirements.
- Manage cross-functional program meetings, track program status, maintain schedules, and drive teams in the deployment of new supplier products and their respective integration, access, and reward.
- Implement and manage supplier integrated/portal access points for team use and success.
- Ensure that Davenport Customer-facing portals have the most recent terms and conditions and/or other relevant legal notices.
- Remain current with respect to supplier product and program changes that may impact incentives or return for the company. Translate changes to senior leadership as well as communicate impact to effected teams.
- Remediate any issues related to warranted incentive claims and/or supplier access functionality.
- Work within supplier portals to review supplier performance metrics and schedule meetings with internal teams for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Work with poor performing suppliers to develop a corrective action plan and improve deficiencies.
- Establish professional relationships with suppliers and be aware of changes to product and/or programs.
- Prepare monthly/Quarterly State Contract reports for collaborating entities (e.g., Dell EMC, Carahsoft, VMware, various states, and etc.).
- Prepare Quarterly NCPA reporting for purchases made under this contract.
- Work with Finance/Sales to get added/maintain state contract status with our vendors.
- Update and maintain the State Contract Object in Salesforce.
- Participate in Security audits, in conjunction with the Davenport Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), when supplier documentation, integration, and/or contracts require review.
- Review daily performance metrics and resolve issues that could negatively impact performance or customer satisfaction due to supplier access issues.
- Facilitate and maintain relationships between respective suppliers, executive sponsors, and internal teams.
- Influence supplier access strategy based on a strong understanding of the supplier, their competitors, market trends as well as integration models with other platforms.
- Understand supplier contract and hold supplier accountable to their contractual obligations. Escalate to Davenport Contract Officer as appropriate.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving – Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in-group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Contract conscious; Presents numerical data effectively.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
- Cost Consciousness – Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically.
- Dependability – Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree (Business or Communications) from four-year college or university; or three to five years’ related paralegal/contracting experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three or more years of procurement experience, creating/translating contract details for operational program use.
- Exceptional leadership skills and the ability to persuade others to meet goals.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex programs.
- Experience managing partners and suppliers.
- In-depth knowledge in product development, new product introduction, and product deployment process.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders and senior executives.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, high commitment to quality, self-starter, problem solver and decisive.
- Advanced data analysis skills: the ability to extract and synthesize data in order to make data-backed business decisions.
- Requires a minimum of 20% travel for events, training, and meetings.