The primary role of this position is to be responsible for pre- and post-sales support of customer technology infrastructure projects. The Senior Network Engineer provides expertise in the areas of design, configuration, installation, upgrades, troubleshooting and documentation for the administration of all supported software and hardware.
- Provide technical support to assist in the sale, design, configuration, installation and support of company products.
- Conduct and/or participate in demonstrations, customer evaluations and ROI analyses. Deliver technical presentations and respond to technical questions during sales calls. Provide technical content for bids and sales proposals.
- Provide direct sales support in the areas of customer environment information gathering, requirements collection, performance evaluation, and complex configuration planning.
- Develop, design and recommend technology infrastructure solutions including Network configurations, fibre channel/Ethernet fabrics, datacenter network design, network security, and other hardware and software products.
- Stay current on, and maintain an in-depth knowledge of operating systems, hardware systems, peripheral products, conversion techniques, and performance methods of all company offerings.
- Install technology infrastructure solutions at customer sites.
- Train customers on the use of hardware and software.
- Establish and cultivate ongoing business relationships with customers to facilitate additional business.
- Document prospect and customer contact activity and customer configuration information in com.
- Document personal activity with status and time reporting.
- Mentor engineering team members.
- Assist Systems Engineers with networking related design and installation items.
- Advise and train account executives on company supported technology.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving – Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in-group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
- Cost Consciousness – Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically.
- Dependability – Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science or Information Technology) from four-year college or university; or five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least one advanced network certification (e.g. CCNA, VCP-NV).
- Five or more years of professional technology infrastructure experience, including four or more years selling, maintaining, or installing enterprise infrastructure hardware and software systems.
- Four or more years of enterprise network systems experience, including datacenter, and campus and/or edge, including demonstrable working knowledge of layer 2 and layer 3 protocols.
- Two years of experience with Dell EMC networking technologies.
- Four or more years of enterprise network security (Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Access Control/Management, etc.) design, configuration, installation, and maintenance experience.
- Three or more years of wireless networking design, configuration, installation, and maintenance experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred
- Experience with Dell EMC Networking (OS 6 and OS 9) highly preferred
- Experience with Dell security (Sonicwall) and wireless (Ruckus and Aerohive) is highly preferred.
- Experience with Network Virtualization (NSX) or Open Networking (Big Switch or Pluribus) a plus
- Previous system administration (server/storage) experience is a plus.
- Experience with server virtualization (VMware, Hyper V, or XenServer) is a plus.
- Requires a minimum of 50% travel for product installations, training and meetings.