Not actively hiring for any locations at this time. Please feel welcome to submit your resume and cover letter for future openings at Davenport Group.
The primary role of this position is pre-sales support for enterprise datacenter projects. The Senior Sales Engineer provides expertise in the areas of requirement gathering, design, configuration, and installation, relative to enterprise datacenter and organizational campus compute environments.
- Provide technical support to assist in the sale, design, and configuration, of company products.
- Conduct and/or participate in demonstrations, customer evaluations and ROI analyses. Deliver technical presentations and respond to technical questions during sales calls. Provide technical content for bids and sales proposals.
- Provide direct sales support in the areas of customer environment information gathering, requirements collection, performance evaluation, and complex configuration planning.
- Develop, design and recommend technology infrastructure solutions including Storage Area Network configurations, fibre channel/Ethernet fabrics, datacenter network design, server virtualization, data protection, and other hardware and software products.
- Stay current on, and maintain an in-depth knowledge of operating systems, hardware systems, peripheral products, conversion techniques, and performance methods of all company offerings.
- Establish and cultivate ongoing business relationships with customers to facilitate additional business.
- Document prospect and customer contact activity and customer configuration information in Salesforce.com.
- Document personal activity with status and time reporting.
- Mentor and coach engineering team members.
- Advise and train account executives on company supported technology.
- Manage and administer the company’s demo systems environment.
- Manage and administer customer proof-of-concept engagements.
- Provide technical oversight for key customer implementations.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science or Information Technology) from four-year college or university; or one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ten or more years working with enterprise datacenter technology infrastructure solutions, including five or more years selling, maintaining, or installing enterprise infrastructure hardware and software systems.
- Five or more years of enterprise storage systems experience (SAN, NAS, Hierarchical storage systems, RAID, Fibre Channel, and iSCSI).
- Four or more years of experience with server virtualization (VMWare required; Hyper V, and XenServer preferred in addition).
- Four or more years of experience with data center network implementation/management.
- Three or more years of experience with data protection, and replication technology experience, including backup/restore technologies.
- Extensive experience with at least two server Operating Systems (Windows Server, Linux, etc.), including latest versions.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- EMC solutions (e.g., VxRail, Isilon, DPS, etc) experience highly preferred.
- Dell Storage (Compellent and EqualLogic), Server, Network, and Data Protection experience is preferred.
- Industry certifications: EMCTA, VCP and/or VCAP preferred.
- Network security (Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Access Control/Management, etc.) design, configuration, installation, and maintenance a plus.
- Wireless network design/implementation a plus.
- Desktop virtualization experience a plus.
- Microsoft applications (Exchange, SharePoint, SQL Server) experience a plus.
- Requires a minimum of 50% travel for product installations, training, and meetings.