The primary role of this position is to be responsible for pre- and post-sales support of customer data protection solutions. The Senior Systems (DPS) Engineer provides expertise in the areas of design, configuration, installation, upgrades, troubleshooting and documentation for the administration of all supported data protection software and hardware.
- Document prospect and customer contact activity and customer configuration information in com.
- Provide technical support to assist in the sale, design, configuration, installation and support of data protection solutions.
- Conduct and/or participate in demonstrations, customer evaluations and ROI analyses. Deliver technical presentations and respond to technical questions during sales calls. Provide technical content for bids and sales proposals.
- Provide direct sales support in the areas of customer environment information gathering, requirements collection, performance evaluation, and complex configuration planning.
- Develop, design and recommend data protection solutions including Avamar, Networker, Data Domain, and Virtustream
- Stay current on, and maintain an in-depth knowledge of operating systems, hardware systems, peripheral products, conversion techniques, and performance methods of all company offerings.
- Install technology data protection solutions at customer sites.
- Train customers on the use of hardware and software.
- Establish and cultivate ongoing business relationships with customers to facilitate additional business.
- Document personal activity with status and time reporting.
- Mentor engineering team members.
- Advise and train account executives on company supported technology.
- Problem Solving – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving – Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in-group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
- Cost Consciousness – Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically.
- Dependability – Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science or Information Technology) from four-year college or university; or three years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four or more years professional technology infrastructure experience, including four or more years selling, maintaining, or installing enterprise infrastructure hardware and software systems.
- Five or more years of experience with data protection, and replication technology experience, including backup/restore technologies.
- Three or more years of experience with server virtualization (VMWare preferred).
- Three or more years of experience with data center network implementation/management.
- Three or more years of enterprise storage systems experience (SAN, NAS, Hierarchical storage systems, RAID, Fibre Channel, and iSCSI).
- Four or more years of experience installing, managing, and administering at least two server Operating Systems (Windows Server, Linux, etc.), including latest versions.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Dell EMC Data Protection (Avamar, Networker, and Data Domain) experience is required
- Dell EMC Storage, Server, and Network experience is highly preferred
- Industry Certifications: EMCIE (Avamar, Networker, and Data Domain preferred)
- VMware vSphere experience a plus
- Requires a minimum of 50% travel for product installations, training and meetings.