The primary role of this position is to be responsible for pre- and post-sales support of customer Digital Workspace projects. The Senior System Engineer provides expertise in the areas of design, configuration, installation, upgrades, troubleshooting and documentation for the administration of all supported software and hardware.
- Provide technical support to assist in the sale, design, configuration, installation and support of company products.
- Conduct and/or participate in demonstrations, customer evaluations and ROI analyses. Deliver technical presentations and respond to technical questions during sales calls. Provide technical content for bids and sales proposals.
- Provide direct sales support in the areas of customer environment information gathering, requirements collection, performance evaluation, and complex configuration planning.
- Develop, design and recommend technology infrastructure solutions including Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, Application Virtualization, Enterprise Mobility Management, Thin Clients and Client Management.
- Stay current on, and maintain an in-depth knowledge of operating systems, hardware systems, peripheral products, conversion techniques, and performance methods of all company offerings.
- Install technology infrastructure solutions at customer sites.
- Train customers on the use of hardware and software.
- Establish and cultivate ongoing business relationships with customers to facilitate additional business.
- Document prospect and customer contact activity and customer configuration information in com.
- Mentor engineering team members.
- Advise and train account executives on company supported technology.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science or Information Technology) from four-year college or university; or three years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four or more years professional technology infrastructure experience, including four or more years selling, maintaining, or installing VMware End User Computing (Horizon, Workspace One, and Airwatch)
- Four or more years of installing and managing Windows Desktop including GPO Policies, Golden Image Prep, and PowerShell Scripting
- Two or more years of enterprise storage systems experience (SAN, NAS, RAID, Fibre Channel, and iSCSI).
- Two or more years of experience with server virtualization (VMware vSphere).
- Two or more years of experience with data center network implementation/management.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Industry Certifications: VMware VCP (DW or DTM) required, VMware VCAP is a plus
- VMware EUC (Horizon, Workspace One, Airwatch) experience required
- Mobile Device, Client, and Windows Desktop management experience required
- Requires a minimum of 50% travel for product installations, training and meetings.